A warrant has been issued for a 23-year-old Milwaukee man, who was charged Friday with disorderly conduct following a fight with his ex-girlfriend in a Mayfair parking lot two days prior.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A mall patron called police after he heard the couple yelling and saw the man try to force the woman into a vehicle at 12:42 a.m.
The 20-year-old woman accused Carrington Smith of stalking her during the four months since they broke up. Things allegedly got violent in late January when she says he attacked her and brandished a gun outside a Milwaukee nightclub.
On Feb. 1, she had gone to the AMC Theatre with friends. When she exited the mall, she found Smith standing next to her vehicle. She said he repeatedly hit her and grabbed her around the neck so she hit back in defense. Smith then pushed her into the vehicle, but as she resisted he pulled a handgun from his waistband and threatened her.
A mall security guard didn't see the physical altercation, but he heard the arguing and twice told the couple to "break it up."
Smith had driven off before police arrived.
Smith is a felon on probation with a record of multiple weapons-related offenses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances