Milwaukee-area residents have a reputation for chugging beer, dining on brats and cheese, and packing on the pounds. So it makes sense that producers for the television show "Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition" would head to the area to hold an open casting for its third season.
People who fall into the category of "super obese," carrying at least 200 pounds more than their ideal weight, can head to Dave & Buster's, 2201 N. Mayfair Road, in Wauwatosa from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday for a chance to land one of eight spots on the reality show.
Those who can't attend the casting call can send a home video to ExtremeMakeoverCasting.com.
Milwaukee is part of a nine-city, nationwide search to find participants who will be documented as a trainer moves into their home and works on nutrition and exercise regimes with the goal of shedding half their body weight within a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director