Milwaukee-area residents have a reputation for chugging beer, dining on brats and cheese, and packing on the pounds. So it makes sense that producers for the television show "Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition" would head to the area to hold an open casting for its third season.
People who fall into the category of "super obese," carrying at least 200 pounds more than their ideal weight, can head to Dave & Buster's, 2201 N. Mayfair Road, in Wauwatosa from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday for a chance to land one of eight spots on the reality show.
Those who can't attend the casting call can send a home video to ExtremeMakeoverCasting.com.
Milwaukee is part of a nine-city, nationwide search to find participants who will be documented as a trainer moves into their home and works on nutrition and exercise regimes with the goal of shedding half their body weight within a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Aug. 7
- Woman leaves dog in hot car, charged with animal cruelty
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers