Milwaukee-area residents have a reputation for chugging beer, dining on brats and cheese, and packing on the pounds. So it makes sense that producers for the television show "Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition" would head to the area to hold an open casting for its third season.
People who fall into the category of "super obese," carrying at least 200 pounds more than their ideal weight, can head to Dave & Buster's, 2201 N. Mayfair Road, in Wauwatosa from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday for a chance to land one of eight spots on the reality show.
Those who can't attend the casting call can send a home video to ExtremeMakeoverCasting.com.
Milwaukee is part of a nine-city, nationwide search to find participants who will be documented as a trainer moves into their home and works on nutrition and exercise regimes with the goal of shedding half their body weight within a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94