The owner of Mayfair Title Corp. got a surprise when he checked up on a financial discrepancy: An employee had allegedly embezzled over $80,000 from the company.
According to the police report:
The owner was reviewing the company's finances when he found a discrepancy, which he reported to the financial director, a 42-year-old Greenfield woman.
The owner became suspicious after the financial director couldn't explain the discrepancy. Looking deeper into the company's finances, the owner found more discrepancies. Checks were being made out to a mortgage company and to a woman he didn't know.
The woman turned out to be the financial director's sister. The owner believes the mortgage company holds the financial director's mortgage.
The report said the financial director confessed to the embezzlement when the owner confronted her with the evidence he gathered and said she would help him gather the data. She hasn't returned to the office since. She was terminated by Mayfair Title.
Mayfair Title receives its money from a third-party organization. The financial director would enter inflated rates in the ledger and draw from the difference with the checks, according to the report.
Police are looking for the financial director.
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers
- Irish Fest gears up for week of classes at Tosa's CelticMKE Center
- Tosa Skateboarders United hosts first event since opening of new park
- Friends of Center Street Park will launch new barbecue event July 3