Erin Canon, daughter of Del and Pam Canon, has been named the Distinguished Young Woman of Wauwatosa and will compete to become the Distinguished Young Woman of Wisconsin.
The competitions are part of a national scholarship program that promotes and rewards academics, leadership and talent. In addition to earning scholarships for college, participants learn self-confidence through public speaking and performance.
Erin attends Wauwatosa East High School, where she is a member of the National Honor Society and Key Club. A junior, she hopes to attend college and become a psychologist and art therapist.
She participates in Chamber Choir, Vocal Jazz and the Tosa East Players theater group.
She is an active member of the Mount Carmel Lutheran Church youth group, sings in the choir and has gone on several summer mission trips.
For her talent, Erin performed an original, choreographed Irish dance. She has qualified for the World Championships three times as a solo dancer, and she has received three silver medals in team dancing. She has received several gold medals in competition at the regional level.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings