Eisenhower Elementary School teacher Nancy Terrian was named Wisconsin's Elementary Teacher of the Year today in Wauwatosa.
She was surprised with a ceremony honoring her today in the school gym. State Superintendent Tony Evers was there to present her with the award in front of the student body, school staff and her family.
"While there are many outstanding educators and teachers in Wisconsin, right here in Wauwatosa is one of the most outstanding teachers this year," Evers said. "All these people have come here today to tell that teacher something very important. We're here to say 'thank you.' "
When Terrian won the award, she beckoned her family to join her as she made an acceptance speech.
"Thank you so very much. There are some people here that could get this honor. I work with so many amazing people," she said. "Most importantly, Eisenhower youth are the greatest people, and this is the greatest place to work by far."
Terrian won $3,000 from the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern