Eisenhower Elementary School teacher Nancy Terrian was named Wisconsin's Elementary Teacher of the Year today in Wauwatosa.
She was surprised with a ceremony honoring her today in the school gym. State Superintendent Tony Evers was there to present her with the award in front of the student body, school staff and her family.
"While there are many outstanding educators and teachers in Wisconsin, right here in Wauwatosa is one of the most outstanding teachers this year," Evers said. "All these people have come here today to tell that teacher something very important. We're here to say 'thank you.' "
When Terrian won the award, she beckoned her family to join her as she made an acceptance speech.
"Thank you so very much. There are some people here that could get this honor. I work with so many amazing people," she said. "Most importantly, Eisenhower youth are the greatest people, and this is the greatest place to work by far."
Terrian won $3,000 from the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine
- Things to Do: Oct. 23
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school