Eisenhower Elementary School teacher Nancy Terrian was named Wisconsin's Elementary Teacher of the Year today in Wauwatosa.
She was surprised with a ceremony honoring her today in the school gym. State Superintendent Tony Evers was there to present her with the award in front of the student body, school staff and her family.
"While there are many outstanding educators and teachers in Wisconsin, right here in Wauwatosa is one of the most outstanding teachers this year," Evers said. "All these people have come here today to tell that teacher something very important. We're here to say 'thank you.' "
When Terrian won the award, she beckoned her family to join her as she made an acceptance speech.
"Thank you so very much. There are some people here that could get this honor. I work with so many amazing people," she said. "Most importantly, Eisenhower youth are the greatest people, and this is the greatest place to work by far."
Terrian won $3,000 from the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?