Eisenhower Elementary School teacher Nancy Terrian was named Wisconsin's Elementary Teacher of the Year today in Wauwatosa.
She was surprised with a ceremony honoring her today in the school gym. State Superintendent Tony Evers was there to present her with the award in front of the student body, school staff and her family.
"While there are many outstanding educators and teachers in Wisconsin, right here in Wauwatosa is one of the most outstanding teachers this year," Evers said. "All these people have come here today to tell that teacher something very important. We're here to say 'thank you.' "
When Terrian won the award, she beckoned her family to join her as she made an acceptance speech.
"Thank you so very much. There are some people here that could get this honor. I work with so many amazing people," she said. "Most importantly, Eisenhower youth are the greatest people, and this is the greatest place to work by far."
Terrian won $3,000 from the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?