Kathy Ehley will serve as the next mayor of Wauwatosa, defeating opponent Peter Donegan.
She thanked her supporters and shared her joy over a win Tuesday night during her campaign celebration at Jimmy's Island Grill and Iguana Bar within the Radisson Hotel.
The vote total, according to unofficial results Tuesday:
Kathy Ehley 7,241
Peter Donegan 5,177
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers, which Wednesday, after press deadline.
Ehley will step down from her position as executive director of the Village Business Improvement District, which she had held for the past five years.
Donegan will retain his seat representing the 2nd District as alderman for the next two years.
More than 42 percent of Wauwatosa voters turned out at the polls Tuesday.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23