Kathy Ehley will serve as the next mayor of Wauwatosa, defeating opponent Peter Donegan.
She thanked her supporters and shared her joy over a win Tuesday night during her campaign celebration at Jimmy's Island Grill and Iguana Bar within the Radisson Hotel.
The vote total, according to unofficial results Tuesday:
Kathy Ehley 7,241
Peter Donegan 5,177
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers, which Wednesday, after press deadline.
Ehley will step down from her position as executive director of the Village Business Improvement District, which she had held for the past five years.
Donegan will retain his seat representing the 2nd District as alderman for the next two years.
More than 42 percent of Wauwatosa voters turned out at the polls Tuesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30