Kathy Ehley will serve as the next mayor of Wauwatosa, defeating opponent Peter Donegan.
She thanked her supporters and shared her joy over a win Tuesday night during her campaign celebration at Jimmy's Island Grill and Iguana Bar within the Radisson Hotel.
The vote total, according to unofficial results Tuesday:
Kathy Ehley 7,241
Peter Donegan 5,177
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers, which Wednesday, after press deadline.
Ehley will step down from her position as executive director of the Village Business Improvement District, which she had held for the past five years.
Donegan will retain his seat representing the 2nd District as alderman for the next two years.
More than 42 percent of Wauwatosa voters turned out at the polls Tuesday.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23