Kathy Ehley will serve as the next mayor of Wauwatosa, defeating opponent Peter Donegan.
She thanked her supporters and shared her joy over a win Tuesday night during her campaign celebration at Jimmy's Island Grill and Iguana Bar within the Radisson Hotel.
The vote total, according to unofficial results Tuesday:
Kathy Ehley 7,241
Peter Donegan 5,177
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers, which Wednesday, after press deadline.
Ehley will step down from her position as executive director of the Village Business Improvement District, which she had held for the past five years.
Donegan will retain his seat representing the 2nd District as alderman for the next two years.
More than 42 percent of Wauwatosa voters turned out at the polls Tuesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (1)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28