Wauwatosa East High School theater director Thomas Thaney will be inducted into the Theatre Directors Hall of Fame, the Wisconsin High School Forensic Association has announced.
Thaney is part of the inaugural class of directors.
He has been the theater director at East for more than 10 years. Before that, Thaney taught in the Elmbrook School District. He has a bachelor's degrees from Concordia University River Forest and the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and master's in theater arts from Schiller International University in Strasbourg, France.
Thaney was honored at the Wisconsin High School Theatre Festival's Judges Dinner at Waterford Union High School on Nov 17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair
- First Responders Fest "humbling" for Wauwatosa's emergency crew leaders