Wauwatosa East High School theater director Thomas Thaney will be inducted into the Theatre Directors Hall of Fame, the Wisconsin High School Forensic Association has announced.
Thaney is part of the inaugural class of directors.
He has been the theater director at East for more than 10 years. Before that, Thaney taught in the Elmbrook School District. He has a bachelor's degrees from Concordia University River Forest and the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and master's in theater arts from Schiller International University in Strasbourg, France.
Thaney was honored at the Wisconsin High School Theatre Festival's Judges Dinner at Waterford Union High School on Nov 17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
- On the Move: Jan. 22
- In Our Schools: Jan. 22
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?