Wauwatosa East High School theater director Thomas Thaney will be inducted into the Theatre Directors Hall of Fame, the Wisconsin High School Forensic Association has announced.
Thaney is part of the inaugural class of directors.
He has been the theater director at East for more than 10 years. Before that, Thaney taught in the Elmbrook School District. He has a bachelor's degrees from Concordia University River Forest and the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and master's in theater arts from Schiller International University in Strasbourg, France.
Thaney was honored at the Wisconsin High School Theatre Festival's Judges Dinner at Waterford Union High School on Nov 17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa
- Twirly Birds vintage store plans return to Wauwatosa
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives