Wauwatosa East High School theater director Thomas Thaney will be inducted into the Theatre Directors Hall of Fame, the Wisconsin High School Forensic Association has announced.
Thaney is part of the inaugural class of directors.
He has been the theater director at East for more than 10 years. Before that, Thaney taught in the Elmbrook School District. He has a bachelor's degrees from Concordia University River Forest and the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and master's in theater arts from Schiller International University in Strasbourg, France.
Thaney was honored at the Wisconsin High School Theatre Festival's Judges Dinner at Waterford Union High School on Nov 17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands