A 54-year-old Milwaukee woman found out the hard way not to shop where she had been known to steal as police arrested her in the parking lot of DSW, 2265 N. Mayfair Rd. at 2:51 p.m. March 18.
According to the police report:
Store employees called police when the woman came to the store and bought a purse after she was recognized for stealing items on three other occasions last November and December. The value of the items stolen on Nov. 3, Dec. 2 and Dec. 23, totaled $742.75.
As police pulled up to question the woman in the parking lot, she exclaimed, "I did not steal (expletive)!"
The woman remained loudly confrontational, giving false ID information and then saying, "I'm going to return the (expletive) purse!"
When she was told that she was gong to be arrested for retail theft and disorderly conduct, the woman told police she felt ill. Police called a rescue squad but the woman refused to go to the hospital.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa School District mobile app now available for download