A 54-year-old Milwaukee woman found out the hard way not to shop where she had been known to steal as police arrested her in the parking lot of DSW, 2265 N. Mayfair Rd. at 2:51 p.m. March 18.
According to the police report:
Store employees called police when the woman came to the store and bought a purse after she was recognized for stealing items on three other occasions last November and December. The value of the items stolen on Nov. 3, Dec. 2 and Dec. 23, totaled $742.75.
As police pulled up to question the woman in the parking lot, she exclaimed, "I did not steal (expletive)!"
The woman remained loudly confrontational, giving false ID information and then saying, "I'm going to return the (expletive) purse!"
When she was told that she was gong to be arrested for retail theft and disorderly conduct, the woman told police she felt ill. Police called a rescue squad but the woman refused to go to the hospital.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade