A road construction worker was injured after a driver struck him at Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 46-year-old Brookfield man intended to turn left from Mayfair onto Burleigh at 1:44 p.m. July 6. The driver was looking at the traffic signals that showed a green arrow. However, he didn't notice the flagman holding up a stop sign in the roadway until he was just about to hit him.
The driver had entered a lane that had been closed off with construction barrels and traffic cones and didn't seem aware that he couldn't continue in that lane. He was cited for failure to yield the right of way to construction workers on a highway (Mayfair Road is also known as Highway 100).
The construction worker said he tried to get out of the roadway when he saw the car driving at him, but he was struck in the leg and knocked to the ground. He was taken to Froedtert Hospital to have pain to his pelvis and legs checked out and treated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31