A road construction worker was injured after a driver struck him at Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 46-year-old Brookfield man intended to turn left from Mayfair onto Burleigh at 1:44 p.m. July 6. The driver was looking at the traffic signals that showed a green arrow. However, he didn't notice the flagman holding up a stop sign in the roadway until he was just about to hit him.
The driver had entered a lane that had been closed off with construction barrels and traffic cones and didn't seem aware that he couldn't continue in that lane. He was cited for failure to yield the right of way to construction workers on a highway (Mayfair Road is also known as Highway 100).
The construction worker said he tried to get out of the roadway when he saw the car driving at him, but he was struck in the leg and knocked to the ground. He was taken to Froedtert Hospital to have pain to his pelvis and legs checked out and treated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words
- Man arrested for heroin possession at Best Buy in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa business Not Just Nuts closed after owner's death
- Wauwatosa's Montessori school will expand to serve middle-school grades
- Not Just Nuts closed, building owner looking for new tenant
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 21
- Artificial turf installed at Wauwatosa's Whitman Middle School soccer field
- Biz Buzz: Phase 2 Skateshop; Twirly Birds
- Twirly Birds vintage and hand-craft store moves to Waukesha
- Paving complete on North Avenue