A 22-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for his second drunken driving offense June 10 after he reportedly tried to elude police in Brookfield before crashing his car in Wauwatosa.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
When Brookfield police attempted to pull over his vehicle after it was seen speeding, the driver didn't stop and a one-mile pursuit ensued.
The driver lost control navigating a curve and he ran a stop sign before crashing into a tree at Juneau Boulevard and Ridgeway in Elm Grove.
The driver took off again into Wauwatosa, but crashed again, this time at Uptown Motors, 2111 N. Mayfair Road, at 12:24 a.m.
There was damage to metal fence posts, gates, a light pole and a Honda CRV on the dealership lot.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director