A 42-year-old Brookfield man was cited for drunken driving after blowing through a flashing red light and stopping in the middle of an intersection in the 10800 block of West Bluemound Road at 3:28 a.m. Oct. 4.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
When asked if he knew why he'd been pulled over, the man cut off the officer and said that he was driving like crazy and was a little buzzed.
When the officer said field sobriety tests would be conducted to see if the man was able to drive, the man interrupted again, saying "I'm not (able to drive)." He said the tests weren't worth doing because he was not able to drive.
He was taken for a blood draw so his blood-alcohol content could be determined. Results were not available.
The man has no prior drunken driving offenses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000