A 42-year-old Brookfield man was cited for drunken driving after blowing through a flashing red light and stopping in the middle of an intersection in the 10800 block of West Bluemound Road at 3:28 a.m. Oct. 4.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
When asked if he knew why he'd been pulled over, the man cut off the officer and said that he was driving like crazy and was a little buzzed.
When the officer said field sobriety tests would be conducted to see if the man was able to drive, the man interrupted again, saying "I'm not (able to drive)." He said the tests weren't worth doing because he was not able to drive.
He was taken for a blood draw so his blood-alcohol content could be determined. Results were not available.
The man has no prior drunken driving offenses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: Oct. 2
- Hue serving first dinner in Tosa tonight
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Ot. 2
- Business Spotlight: Salamander changed shape, until it took on women's clothing
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Sept. 25
- Voter ID requirement complicates absentee voting in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: Sept. 25
- 'Science Cafes' come to Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Christina Baker Kline coming to Wauwatosa for local All-City Read