A 42-year-old Brookfield man was cited for drunken driving after blowing through a flashing red light and stopping in the middle of an intersection in the 10800 block of West Bluemound Road at 3:28 a.m. Oct. 4.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
When asked if he knew why he'd been pulled over, the man cut off the officer and said that he was driving like crazy and was a little buzzed.
When the officer said field sobriety tests would be conducted to see if the man was able to drive, the man interrupted again, saying "I'm not (able to drive)." He said the tests weren't worth doing because he was not able to drive.
He was taken for a blood draw so his blood-alcohol content could be determined. Results were not available.
The man has no prior drunken driving offenses.
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomo
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (20)
- Our newspaper website is changing