A 42-year-old Brookfield man was cited for drunken driving after blowing through a flashing red light and stopping in the middle of an intersection in the 10800 block of West Bluemound Road at 3:28 a.m. Oct. 4.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
When asked if he knew why he'd been pulled over, the man cut off the officer and said that he was driving like crazy and was a little buzzed.
When the officer said field sobriety tests would be conducted to see if the man was able to drive, the man interrupted again, saying "I'm not (able to drive)." He said the tests weren't worth doing because he was not able to drive.
He was taken for a blood draw so his blood-alcohol content could be determined. Results were not available.
The man has no prior drunken driving offenses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (3)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers