A man took his dog for a walk and ended up witnessing a burglary and helping find a stolen truck.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man walking his dog in the 2600 block of North 85th Street saw a man park a truck in a driveway, move the truck to another driveway and walk through several front yards before heading to a back yard at 8 p.m. Jan. 22.
He memorized the truck's license plate number and called police.
The driver then got in the truck, drove past the man and threw several mason jars out the window.
Police scanned the area and found a house with a wide open door and smashed window. They called the owner, who was vacationing, and informed him that a camera and 15 mason jars filled with change and rare coins were taken. Loss is estimated at $2,250. The damage to his house is estimated at $980.
A truck was found in Milwaukee later with plates matching the number given by the man who had been walking his dog. Police found that the vehicle was stolen and returned it to its owner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa