A dog jumped out of a vehicle and bit a woman in the Mayfair parking lot Thursday afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A woman and her friends were walking through the lot toward Macy's when a dog jumped out of an open vehicle window and aggressively circled the group at 12:33 p.m. July 26. The dog growled, and bit the woman's arm. The women screamed, causing the dog to run off.
Someone grabbed the dog and put it back in the vehicle, but it wasn't apparent who handled the animal because the owner - a 45-year-old Milwaukee woman - didn't return to the vehicle until about 10 minutes after police arrived.
She said she just popped into Macy's for a few minutes. The 8-year-old dog's vaccines were up to date and the dog was friendly, the owner said. However, the dog did bite a person at a beach as a pup.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum