HSI Properties has begun construction on The Annex, a four-story extension of The Enclave apartment complex recently completed at 6005 Martin Drive at the corner of 60th Street next to Hawthorne Glen.
The Annex will be a freestanding, $5.5 million project consisting of 40 one-bedroom units. Ryan Schultz, a partner in HSI, said he anticipates an 8-month construction period, with occupancy by next summer.
Residents of The Annex will have use of the amenities at The Enclave, including the outdoor pool, green roof, party room and exercise facility, HSI said in a statement.
The Enclave was built for nearly $25 million and consists of 152 units. Rents at The Annex will be commensurate with those at The Enclave: about $1 per square foot, Schultz said.
The contractor of The Annex is Altius Construction and the architect is AG Architecture. HSI intends to maintain ownership of the property, the firm said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa common council asks lawmakers to support Innovation Campus in state budget
- Falls sees continued growth in development in 2014
- St. Camillus in Wauwatosa plans demolitions, new buildings up to 21 floors
- Educators grouip Sigma State, at Wauwatosa meeting, hears troubling insights into sex trafficking
- Wauwatosa schools' annual library funding higher than expected
- Simma's Bakery expanding in Wauwatosa with closing of PJ's Frame & Gallery
- Past Concordia dean, a Wauwatosa resident, turns King of Squares
- In Our Schools: May 7
- Deadline for Falls spring brush pickup is Sunday, May 10
- News and Notes: May 7