The decomposed body found Sunday afternoon in a wooded area at 124th Street and Bluemound Road was identified as James Kieckbusch, 57, no known address, according to a medical examiner's report provided by Milwaukee County.
Kieckbusch's remains were discovered by Daniel and Donald Kempka, a father and son, who had been hiking through the wooded area while looking for deer antlers. Kieckbusch was pronounced dead upon arrival at 4:48 p.m.
The medical examiner identified pill bottles in the jacket pocket with medications still inside as well as a wallet and identification card on Kieckbusch's right leg between his blue jeans and pair of long pajama-type pants.
The area did not appear to be a place where the subject lived or a homeless shelter. No obvious trauma was observed at the scene.
Kieckbusch had been on parole and had a history of bipolar disorder, the report said. His brother, William, said Kieckbusch was a "binge" drinker and had previous illicit drug use, according to the report.
Neither his brother nor parole officer had seen him since about October or November 2013, according to the report. A warrant had been issued in November for Kieckbusch for his failure to show up to an appointment.
Wauwatosa Police Department will begin a background check and continue notifying family members of Kieckbusch's discovery. The body has been transported to the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?