A dad who allegedly showed up at his son's Wauwatosa school intoxicated is facing a felony charge of driving drunk for the fifth time.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Brian Keating, 38, of Milwaukee is accused of parking his truck illegally at 100th Street and Glendale Avenue at 3:26 p.m. Nov. 29 and stumbling across the lawn to Madison Elementary School. He briefly spoke to his 5-year-old son, but school staff sent the boy back to a classroom when they realized his father appeared dirty and disheveled and smelled of alcohol.
School officials called police and the boy's mother believing the father was drunk.
When officers arrived, Keating couldn't recall why he had shown up at the school and insisted the boy's mother must have driven him. She came to the school shortly afterward and said the father typically picks the boy up from school but he has had issues with alcohol.
Keating told officers he had drunk a six-pack of beer at home that afternoon. He had receipts on him that also showed he had stopped at a bar to drink and play dice. Later, police learned he had taken sleeping pills and the pain killer hydrocodone.
This arrest was not only his fifth for drunken driving, but his third for driving after his license had been revoked. He is facing a misdemeanor charge for that violation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (7)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series