A dad who allegedly showed up at his son's Wauwatosa school intoxicated is facing a felony charge of driving drunk for the fifth time.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Brian Keating, 38, of Milwaukee is accused of parking his truck illegally at 100th Street and Glendale Avenue at 3:26 p.m. Nov. 29 and stumbling across the lawn to Madison Elementary School. He briefly spoke to his 5-year-old son, but school staff sent the boy back to a classroom when they realized his father appeared dirty and disheveled and smelled of alcohol.
School officials called police and the boy's mother believing the father was drunk.
When officers arrived, Keating couldn't recall why he had shown up at the school and insisted the boy's mother must have driven him. She came to the school shortly afterward and said the father typically picks the boy up from school but he has had issues with alcohol.
Keating told officers he had drunk a six-pack of beer at home that afternoon. He had receipts on him that also showed he had stopped at a bar to drink and play dice. Later, police learned he had taken sleeping pills and the pain killer hydrocodone.
This arrest was not only his fifth for drunken driving, but his third for driving after his license had been revoked. He is facing a misdemeanor charge for that violation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair