A dad who allegedly showed up at his son's Wauwatosa school intoxicated is facing a felony charge of driving drunk for the fifth time.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Brian Keating, 38, of Milwaukee is accused of parking his truck illegally at 100th Street and Glendale Avenue at 3:26 p.m. Nov. 29 and stumbling across the lawn to Madison Elementary School. He briefly spoke to his 5-year-old son, but school staff sent the boy back to a classroom when they realized his father appeared dirty and disheveled and smelled of alcohol.
School officials called police and the boy's mother believing the father was drunk.
When officers arrived, Keating couldn't recall why he had shown up at the school and insisted the boy's mother must have driven him. She came to the school shortly afterward and said the father typically picks the boy up from school but he has had issues with alcohol.
Keating told officers he had drunk a six-pack of beer at home that afternoon. He had receipts on him that also showed he had stopped at a bar to drink and play dice. Later, police learned he had taken sleeping pills and the pain killer hydrocodone.
This arrest was not only his fifth for drunken driving, but his third for driving after his license had been revoked. He is facing a misdemeanor charge for that violation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa