An estimated 2,500 Wauwatosa residents were left without power this morning. According to We Energies, a tree limb fell on a power line, resulting in the outage.
We Energies sent a forestry crew to remove the limb. They also rerouted power to lessen the number of customers without power.
The outage was reported as of 8 a.m. As of 9:30 a.m. 375 customers were left without power.
We Energies plans to restore power to all residents by noon and stated that other outages were minimal and caused by lightning strikes.
A spokesman for We Energies said that if anyone sees a downed line to stay at least 25 feet away from it and call their emergency line at 800-662-4797.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings