An estimated 2,500 Wauwatosa residents were left without power this morning. According to We Energies, a tree limb fell on a power line, resulting in the outage.
We Energies sent a forestry crew to remove the limb. They also rerouted power to lessen the number of customers without power.
The outage was reported as of 8 a.m. As of 9:30 a.m. 375 customers were left without power.
We Energies plans to restore power to all residents by noon and stated that other outages were minimal and caused by lightning strikes.
A spokesman for We Energies said that if anyone sees a downed line to stay at least 25 feet away from it and call their emergency line at 800-662-4797.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills (1)