An estimated 2,500 Wauwatosa residents were left without power this morning. According to We Energies, a tree limb fell on a power line, resulting in the outage.
We Energies sent a forestry crew to remove the limb. They also rerouted power to lessen the number of customers without power.
The outage was reported as of 8 a.m. As of 9:30 a.m. 375 customers were left without power.
We Energies plans to restore power to all residents by noon and stated that other outages were minimal and caused by lightning strikes.
A spokesman for We Energies said that if anyone sees a downed line to stay at least 25 feet away from it and call their emergency line at 800-662-4797.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- In Our Schools: Feb. 26