An estimated 2,500 Wauwatosa residents were left without power this morning. According to We Energies, a tree limb fell on a power line, resulting in the outage.
We Energies sent a forestry crew to remove the limb. They also rerouted power to lessen the number of customers without power.
The outage was reported as of 8 a.m. As of 9:30 a.m. 375 customers were left without power.
We Energies plans to restore power to all residents by noon and stated that other outages were minimal and caused by lightning strikes.
A spokesman for We Energies said that if anyone sees a downed line to stay at least 25 feet away from it and call their emergency line at 800-662-4797.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (7)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes