An estimated 2,500 Wauwatosa residents were left without power this morning. According to We Energies, a tree limb fell on a power line, resulting in the outage.
We Energies sent a forestry crew to remove the limb. They also rerouted power to lessen the number of customers without power.
The outage was reported as of 8 a.m. As of 9:30 a.m. 375 customers were left without power.
We Energies plans to restore power to all residents by noon and stated that other outages were minimal and caused by lightning strikes.
A spokesman for We Energies said that if anyone sees a downed line to stay at least 25 feet away from it and call their emergency line at 800-662-4797.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mayfair holds back-to-school style event
- Police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue
- Therapy program's art gallery opening is this weekend
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015 issue
- Meet new Wauwatosa Now reporter Rachel Minske during live broadcast Friday
- TIF terms for State Street Station project in Wauwatosa wins city approval
- Skatepark in Wauwatosa wins bid approval after years of fundraising (3)
- The Landing at Hoyt Park has become destination for local musicians