A Milwaukee couple has been ordered to have no contact and each faces misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest following a fight that started at Burger King in Wauwatosa and continued on a Milwaukee County transit bus last week.
According to Wauwatosa Police Department reports:
Ivy Dickerson, 25, and Xavier Harrell, 24, started arguing during a shopping trip to TJ Maxx in Brookfield. The disagreement escalated and they were allegedly heard yelling and physically fighting the bathroom at Burger King, 3880 N. 124th St. Staff at the fast-food restaurant called police but the duo left before police arrived.
Police were called to a Milwaukee County bus that had stopped in the 9200 block of West Capitol Drive at 2:58 p.m. Dec. 6. The driver allegedly saw them slapping each other. A former corrections officer, she recognized Harrell as a former inmate.
Their arrests didn't go smoothly. Dickerson is said to have threatened to fight police, getting so combative that she had to be restrained by four officers. She screamed and kicked the cell door and she removed all of her clothing.
For Harrell's part, he is said to have kicked the windows and doors and spit in the squad car adding that if he was going to jail he wanted to make it worth it. Then he allegedly threatened to beat and kill officers, referring the to the 2009 officer shooting whn he said "the Chinese dude who tried to kill your officer had it right."
Harrell is expected in court Friday, followed by Dickerson on Dec. 21.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?