A 40-year-old Milwaukee woman was found to have a rock of crack cocaine stashed in her bra when she stole liquor from a Wauwatosa grocery store last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The woman went through the self-checkout at Metcalfe's Market, 6700 W. State St., but failed to scan six bottles of vodka, a total value of $154, at 12:15 p.m. March 29. She said her pimp told her to steal or he would beat her.
During a search, an officer found she had 0.10 grams of crack cocaine in her bra.
The woman initially gave her sister's name as an alias so officers wouldn't find out she had three Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office warrants for retail theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30