A couple in the midst of a break-up shouted and threw luggage into the hall at Extended Stay America, 11121 W. North Ave., last week, causing staff there to call police to eject the couple.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 18-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for drug possession, and his 20-year-old girlfriend, a Milwaukee woman, was arrested for vandalism at 8:41 p.m. Dec. 27.
The man answered the door crying and stated that he and his girlfriend were breaking up over an argument about stolen money.
Upon entering the room, officers found broken lamps, trash covering the floor, a mattress flipped off the bed, a broken kitchen cabinet and the screen removed from a window.
The argument had started two days earlier when the girlfriend asked for a marijuana blunt to smoke in celebration of Christmas. A friend came to the room to provide the drugs but the couple was taking a bath.
When the couple left the bathroom, they found $150 was missing from the microwave. The friend denied taking the money, and the 20-year-old woman then accused her boyfriend of stealing from her.
The man was found to have pain pills in his pocket that he did not have a prescription for.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?