A couple in the midst of a break-up shouted and threw luggage into the hall at Extended Stay America, 11121 W. North Ave., last week, causing staff there to call police to eject the couple.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 18-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for drug possession, and his 20-year-old girlfriend, a Milwaukee woman, was arrested for vandalism at 8:41 p.m. Dec. 27.
The man answered the door crying and stated that he and his girlfriend were breaking up over an argument about stolen money.
Upon entering the room, officers found broken lamps, trash covering the floor, a mattress flipped off the bed, a broken kitchen cabinet and the screen removed from a window.
The argument had started two days earlier when the girlfriend asked for a marijuana blunt to smoke in celebration of Christmas. A friend came to the room to provide the drugs but the couple was taking a bath.
When the couple left the bathroom, they found $150 was missing from the microwave. The friend denied taking the money, and the 20-year-old woman then accused her boyfriend of stealing from her.
The man was found to have pain pills in his pocket that he did not have a prescription for.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Therapist finds himself enriched by a life shaped by transitions
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.