The sledding hill and warming clubhouse at Whitnall Park, 6751 S. 92nd St., will be open from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
Cross-county ski trails at Whitnall and Brown Deer parks will open with trail grooming beginning Friday. Cross-country ski rental at Whitnall Park is $25 per day and $30 for 24 hours.
Door County Sled Dogs will provide authentic dog sled rides at the Whitnall Park Clubhouse from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, snowfall permitting. Rides are made up of a team of four to six adult Siberian huskies and cost $10 per child and $15 per adult. Sled dog rides must have 5 inches of snow or more to operate.
For information call the Door County Sled Dog hotline for up-to-date information and snow conditions at (414) 967-9677.
Ice skating with skate rentals ($8 for adults, $7 for ages 17 and younger) will be open on the downtown outdoor rink at Red Arrow Park, 920 N. Water St., from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday.
Lighted sledding hills for day or night-time fun:
Currie Park, 3535 N. Mayfair Road, lit until 9 p.m.
Whitnall Park, 5879 S. 92nd St., lit until 10 p.m.
Humboldt Park, 3000 S. Howell Ave. lit until 8 p.m.
Pulaski (Milwaukee), 2677 S. 116th St., lit until 10 p.m.
Day-time sledding hills include:
McCarty Park, 8214 W. Cleveland Ave.
Columbus Park, 7301 W. Courtland Ave.
Greene Park, 4235 S. Lipton Ave.
Hales Corners Park, 5765 S. New Berlin Road
LaFollette Park, 9418 W. Washington St.
Maitland Park, 6001 S. 13th St.
Wilson Recreation, 4001 S. 20th St.
McGovern, 5400 N. 51st St.
Young children should be supervised by adults. Ice on ponds and lagoons is thin and dangerous and should be avoided at this time.
For more information, go to CountyParks.com or the Milwaukee County Parks Hotline number at (414) 257-5100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa