Tools valued at nearly $10,000 were taken from a storage container that belonged to a contractor replacing the natural gas pipeline along Mayfair Road.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The locked container in the 3000 block of North 112th Street was broken into between May 1 and May 14.
The theft follows others in the area, including the theft of $200,000 in steel pipes from the same lot in late April.
Police are watching to see if the items are sold as scrap metal.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94