Five Wauwatosa residents have applied to fill the vacant District 2 seat on the Common Council, and a selection committee will interview the candidates starting at 6 p.m. today.
The contenders are Nancy Alberte, John Dubinski, Bradley Foley, Brian Savoie and Patrick Watson.
The candidate receiving the most votes from the selection committee, made up of sitting aldermen, will be considered by the entire council June 19. The chosen appointee will serve as alderman until April 2013, at which time he or she would have to run for election to fill out the rest of the term.
The vacancy was left by Eric Meaux, who resigned just after being re-elected for a four-year term.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thousands of items on sale at Wauwatosa Public Library in late October
- Wauwatosa School District to host 'Autism Insights and Strategies'
- Public invited to name baby giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes (1)
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop