Five Wauwatosa residents have applied to fill the vacant District 2 seat on the Common Council, and a selection committee will interview the candidates starting at 6 p.m. today.
The contenders are Nancy Alberte, John Dubinski, Bradley Foley, Brian Savoie and Patrick Watson.
The candidate receiving the most votes from the selection committee, made up of sitting aldermen, will be considered by the entire council June 19. The chosen appointee will serve as alderman until April 2013, at which time he or she would have to run for election to fill out the rest of the term.
The vacancy was left by Eric Meaux, who resigned just after being re-elected for a four-year term.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (8)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series