Five Wauwatosa residents have applied to fill the vacant District 2 seat on the Common Council, and a selection committee will interview the candidates starting at 6 p.m. today.
The contenders are Nancy Alberte, John Dubinski, Bradley Foley, Brian Savoie and Patrick Watson.
The candidate receiving the most votes from the selection committee, made up of sitting aldermen, will be considered by the entire council June 19. The chosen appointee will serve as alderman until April 2013, at which time he or she would have to run for election to fill out the rest of the term.
The vacancy was left by Eric Meaux, who resigned just after being re-elected for a four-year term.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94