Five Wauwatosa residents have applied to fill the vacant District 2 seat on the Common Council, and a selection committee will interview the candidates starting at 6 p.m. today.
The contenders are Nancy Alberte, John Dubinski, Bradley Foley, Brian Savoie and Patrick Watson.
The candidate receiving the most votes from the selection committee, made up of sitting aldermen, will be considered by the entire council June 19. The chosen appointee will serve as alderman until April 2013, at which time he or she would have to run for election to fill out the rest of the term.
The vacancy was left by Eric Meaux, who resigned just after being re-elected for a four-year term.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (6)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes