Five Wauwatosa residents have applied to fill the vacant District 2 seat on the Common Council, and a selection committee will interview the candidates starting at 6 p.m. today.
The contenders are Nancy Alberte, John Dubinski, Bradley Foley, Brian Savoie and Patrick Watson.
The candidate receiving the most votes from the selection committee, made up of sitting aldermen, will be considered by the entire council June 19. The chosen appointee will serve as alderman until April 2013, at which time he or she would have to run for election to fill out the rest of the term.
The vacancy was left by Eric Meaux, who resigned just after being re-elected for a four-year term.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School