A decorated Iraq war veteran pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges that he killed his wife, a Wauwatosa police officer.
Benjamin Sebena, 30, is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the Christmas Eve killing of Jennifer Sebena, also 30. He was brought into court Thursday in a wheelchair and was wearing a suicide-prevention vest. Defense attorney Michael Steinle entered the plea on Sebena's behalf.
Jennifer Sebena was found dead of multiple gunshot wounds to the head, including wounds inflicted with her own police firearm.
Prosecutors say Benjamin Sebena acknowledged ambushing his wife while she conducted a pre-dawn patrol alone in Wauwatosa. The criminal complaint says he told investigators he was a jealous husband. Police, however, aren't speculating on a motive.
A trial date will be set March 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23