A decorated Iraq war veteran pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges that he killed his wife, a Wauwatosa police officer.
Benjamin Sebena, 30, is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the Christmas Eve killing of Jennifer Sebena, also 30. He was brought into court Thursday in a wheelchair and was wearing a suicide-prevention vest. Defense attorney Michael Steinle entered the plea on Sebena's behalf.
Jennifer Sebena was found dead of multiple gunshot wounds to the head, including wounds inflicted with her own police firearm.
Prosecutors say Benjamin Sebena acknowledged ambushing his wife while she conducted a pre-dawn patrol alone in Wauwatosa. The criminal complaint says he told investigators he was a jealous husband. Police, however, aren't speculating on a motive.
A trial date will be set March 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- Numbers peak for Wauwatosa summer school enrollment, programs
- Relay for Life of Wauwatosa happening Friday
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Kids dig into nature at Camp Arrowhead