A decorated Iraq war veteran pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges that he killed his wife, a Wauwatosa police officer.
Benjamin Sebena, 30, is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the Christmas Eve killing of Jennifer Sebena, also 30. He was brought into court Thursday in a wheelchair and was wearing a suicide-prevention vest. Defense attorney Michael Steinle entered the plea on Sebena's behalf.
Jennifer Sebena was found dead of multiple gunshot wounds to the head, including wounds inflicted with her own police firearm.
Prosecutors say Benjamin Sebena acknowledged ambushing his wife while she conducted a pre-dawn patrol alone in Wauwatosa. The criminal complaint says he told investigators he was a jealous husband. Police, however, aren't speculating on a motive.
A trial date will be set March 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal
- What to expect on a Nov. 4 ballot in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Department joins Facebook for more than just 'friends'
- Wauwatosa: Construction, apartment lease reservations begin at Echelon Apartments
- Planetarium bridges gap to night sky science for Wauwatosa School District and beyond