A decorated Iraq war veteran pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges that he killed his wife, a Wauwatosa police officer.
Benjamin Sebena, 30, is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the Christmas Eve killing of Jennifer Sebena, also 30. He was brought into court Thursday in a wheelchair and was wearing a suicide-prevention vest. Defense attorney Michael Steinle entered the plea on Sebena's behalf.
Jennifer Sebena was found dead of multiple gunshot wounds to the head, including wounds inflicted with her own police firearm.
Prosecutors say Benjamin Sebena acknowledged ambushing his wife while she conducted a pre-dawn patrol alone in Wauwatosa. The criminal complaint says he told investigators he was a jealous husband. Police, however, aren't speculating on a motive.
A trial date will be set March 1.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (10)
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26