A decorated Iraq war veteran pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges that he killed his wife, a Wauwatosa police officer.
Benjamin Sebena, 30, is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the Christmas Eve killing of Jennifer Sebena, also 30. He was brought into court Thursday in a wheelchair and was wearing a suicide-prevention vest. Defense attorney Michael Steinle entered the plea on Sebena's behalf.
Jennifer Sebena was found dead of multiple gunshot wounds to the head, including wounds inflicted with her own police firearm.
Prosecutors say Benjamin Sebena acknowledged ambushing his wife while she conducted a pre-dawn patrol alone in Wauwatosa. The criminal complaint says he told investigators he was a jealous husband. Police, however, aren't speculating on a motive.
A trial date will be set March 1.
- Video: How a Pokémon Go newbie experienced the craze playing in Wauwatosa
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21