The names and photos of about 50 people who have outstanding warrants with the Wauwatosa Police Department now can be found online on the city's Web site at www.wauwatosa.net.
All the warrants have fines tied to them, according to Mark Finken, who handles the warrant processing at the Wauwatosa Police Department.
Last known addresses and charges against the people with warrants also are listed on the Web site.
The charges are listed in abbreviated form -- for instance, RT for retail theft or OAS for operating after suspension.
Those listed on the site vary from people such as John Berger, wanted on a battery charge with a fine owed of $1,280, to Jerome Goodman, wanted for 16 building code violations. Goodman owes a fine of about $5,400.
Finken said the department is hopeful that putting this information on the Web site will clear up some of these outstanding cases.
"Basically this is a motivational tool for people to come in and take care of their obligations," Finken said. "Prospective employers or landlords will see this information. É It is in their best interest to get their name off the list and their picture off the Web site by taking care of their obligation."
To see the outstanding warrants online, go to www.wauwatosa.net, click on the Police Department page, and then click on Wauwatosa municipal warrants. The site will be updated periodically.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hidden Tosa: The sordid life story of garbage
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: March 26
- Leadership, musical development, even world travel are part of MYSO Senior Symphony for Wauwatosa st
- Our Redeemer Lutheran School's LEGO robot team, from Wauwatosa, advancing to global competition