The names and photos of about 50 people who have outstanding warrants with the Wauwatosa Police Department now can be found online on the city's Web site at www.wauwatosa.net.
All the warrants have fines tied to them, according to Mark Finken, who handles the warrant processing at the Wauwatosa Police Department.
Last known addresses and charges against the people with warrants also are listed on the Web site.
The charges are listed in abbreviated form -- for instance, RT for retail theft or OAS for operating after suspension.
Those listed on the site vary from people such as John Berger, wanted on a battery charge with a fine owed of $1,280, to Jerome Goodman, wanted for 16 building code violations. Goodman owes a fine of about $5,400.
Finken said the department is hopeful that putting this information on the Web site will clear up some of these outstanding cases.
"Basically this is a motivational tool for people to come in and take care of their obligations," Finken said. "Prospective employers or landlords will see this information. É It is in their best interest to get their name off the list and their picture off the Web site by taking care of their obligation."
To see the outstanding warrants online, go to www.wauwatosa.net, click on the Police Department page, and then click on Wauwatosa municipal warrants. The site will be updated periodically.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (10)
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26