The names and photos of about 50 people who have outstanding warrants with the Wauwatosa Police Department now can be found online on the city's Web site at www.wauwatosa.net.
All the warrants have fines tied to them, according to Mark Finken, who handles the warrant processing at the Wauwatosa Police Department.
Last known addresses and charges against the people with warrants also are listed on the Web site.
The charges are listed in abbreviated form -- for instance, RT for retail theft or OAS for operating after suspension.
Those listed on the site vary from people such as John Berger, wanted on a battery charge with a fine owed of $1,280, to Jerome Goodman, wanted for 16 building code violations. Goodman owes a fine of about $5,400.
Finken said the department is hopeful that putting this information on the Web site will clear up some of these outstanding cases.
"Basically this is a motivational tool for people to come in and take care of their obligations," Finken said. "Prospective employers or landlords will see this information. É It is in their best interest to get their name off the list and their picture off the Web site by taking care of their obligation."
To see the outstanding warrants online, go to www.wauwatosa.net, click on the Police Department page, and then click on Wauwatosa municipal warrants. The site will be updated periodically.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (1)
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (24)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23