A masked man tried to rob the Citgo gas station at 103rd Street and Bluemound Road on Monday, but a quick-thinking clerk and protective equipment thwarted the crime.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The robber came to the check-out counter with his right hand under his jacket to imply he was armed. He told the clerk: "Give me the money. Give me big bills."
The clerk worked behind bullet-proof glass, but the window was open so he could assist customers.
He quickly took the key from the cash register and slammed the window shut.
The robber reached under and tried to open the window, so the clerk hit the hold-up alarm and ducked behind the counter.
The masked man fled in a vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)