A masked man tried to rob the Citgo gas station at 103rd Street and Bluemound Road on Monday, but a quick-thinking clerk and protective equipment thwarted the crime.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The robber came to the check-out counter with his right hand under his jacket to imply he was armed. He told the clerk: "Give me the money. Give me big bills."
The clerk worked behind bullet-proof glass, but the window was open so he could assist customers.
He quickly took the key from the cash register and slammed the window shut.
The robber reached under and tried to open the window, so the clerk hit the hold-up alarm and ducked behind the counter.
The masked man fled in a vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade