A masked man tried to rob the Citgo gas station at 103rd Street and Bluemound Road on Monday, but a quick-thinking clerk and protective equipment thwarted the crime.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The robber came to the check-out counter with his right hand under his jacket to imply he was armed. He told the clerk: "Give me the money. Give me big bills."
The clerk worked behind bullet-proof glass, but the window was open so he could assist customers.
He quickly took the key from the cash register and slammed the window shut.
The robber reached under and tried to open the window, so the clerk hit the hold-up alarm and ducked behind the counter.
The masked man fled in a vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Wauwatosa, 'Coffee with Copd' opens dialogue
- New braille menus at Wauwatosa restaurants ease dining experience for blind customers
- Security officer at San Camillo in Wauwatosa charged in child pornography case
- Author Larson makes Wauwatosa Public Library Leadership luncheon a literary affair
- Speakeasy to replace One Way Cafe in Wauwatosa Village
- Business Spotlight: Empire Fish
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon looks to bring duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa
- No serious injuries reported in rollover crash on Highway 45 at Watertown Plank
- Longtime Wauwatosa resident receives Distinguished Citizen Award