It's looking like many of the aldermanic races may go uncontested. It's three weeks into the window for filing candidacy papers and, so far, only incumbents have turned in paperwork.
Eric Meaux, District 2; Dennis McBride, District 4; Michael Walsh, District 5; Cheryl Berdan, District 7; and Jason Wilke, District 8, have filed to become candidates, City Clerk Carla Ledesma said.
In addition, District 3 Alderwoman Jacqueline Jay on Tuesday said she will be seeking re-election.
District 1 Alderwoman Linda Nikcevich is choosing not to run for a second term, and there are currently no candidates for her seat.
Residents interested in running for a position on the Wauwatosa Common Council have until 5 p.m. Jan. 3 to file candidacy paperwork with the city clerk.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000