It's looking like many of the aldermanic races may go uncontested. It's three weeks into the window for filing candidacy papers and, so far, only incumbents have turned in paperwork.
Eric Meaux, District 2; Dennis McBride, District 4; Michael Walsh, District 5; Cheryl Berdan, District 7; and Jason Wilke, District 8, have filed to become candidates, City Clerk Carla Ledesma said.
In addition, District 3 Alderwoman Jacqueline Jay on Tuesday said she will be seeking re-election.
District 1 Alderwoman Linda Nikcevich is choosing not to run for a second term, and there are currently no candidates for her seat.
Residents interested in running for a position on the Wauwatosa Common Council have until 5 p.m. Jan. 3 to file candidacy paperwork with the city clerk.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum