It's looking like many of the aldermanic races may go uncontested. It's three weeks into the window for filing candidacy papers and, so far, only incumbents have turned in paperwork.
Eric Meaux, District 2; Dennis McBride, District 4; Michael Walsh, District 5; Cheryl Berdan, District 7; and Jason Wilke, District 8, have filed to become candidates, City Clerk Carla Ledesma said.
In addition, District 3 Alderwoman Jacqueline Jay on Tuesday said she will be seeking re-election.
District 1 Alderwoman Linda Nikcevich is choosing not to run for a second term, and there are currently no candidates for her seat.
Residents interested in running for a position on the Wauwatosa Common Council have until 5 p.m. Jan. 3 to file candidacy paperwork with the city clerk.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa students get a taste of Germany through trip abroad