It's looking like many of the aldermanic races may go uncontested. It's three weeks into the window for filing candidacy papers and, so far, only incumbents have turned in paperwork.
Eric Meaux, District 2; Dennis McBride, District 4; Michael Walsh, District 5; Cheryl Berdan, District 7; and Jason Wilke, District 8, have filed to become candidates, City Clerk Carla Ledesma said.
In addition, District 3 Alderwoman Jacqueline Jay on Tuesday said she will be seeking re-election.
District 1 Alderwoman Linda Nikcevich is choosing not to run for a second term, and there are currently no candidates for her seat.
Residents interested in running for a position on the Wauwatosa Common Council have until 5 p.m. Jan. 3 to file candidacy paperwork with the city clerk.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal