It's looking like many of the aldermanic races may go uncontested. It's three weeks into the window for filing candidacy papers and, so far, only incumbents have turned in paperwork.
Eric Meaux, District 2; Dennis McBride, District 4; Michael Walsh, District 5; Cheryl Berdan, District 7; and Jason Wilke, District 8, have filed to become candidates, City Clerk Carla Ledesma said.
In addition, District 3 Alderwoman Jacqueline Jay on Tuesday said she will be seeking re-election.
District 1 Alderwoman Linda Nikcevich is choosing not to run for a second term, and there are currently no candidates for her seat.
Residents interested in running for a position on the Wauwatosa Common Council have until 5 p.m. Jan. 3 to file candidacy paperwork with the city clerk.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director