Now that its community health assessment is complete, the Health Department has identified seven areas identified for improvement.
Those areas are: alcohol/other drug abuse, safety/injury prevention, mental health, physical activity/nutrition, environmental health/healthy homes, child development and communicable disease.
The department is looking to residents to review a plan draft online and provide feedback by May 31 at Wauwatosa.net/health.
The next step is to create a Community Health Improvement Program, which will come up with goals and strategies to improve those priority areas.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue