Now that its community health assessment is complete, the Health Department has identified seven areas identified for improvement.
Those areas are: alcohol/other drug abuse, safety/injury prevention, mental health, physical activity/nutrition, environmental health/healthy homes, child development and communicable disease.
The department is looking to residents to review a plan draft online and provide feedback by May 31 at Wauwatosa.net/health.
The next step is to create a Community Health Improvement Program, which will come up with goals and strategies to improve those priority areas.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (7)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes