Now that its community health assessment is complete, the Health Department has identified seven areas identified for improvement.
Those areas are: alcohol/other drug abuse, safety/injury prevention, mental health, physical activity/nutrition, environmental health/healthy homes, child development and communicable disease.
The department is looking to residents to review a plan draft online and provide feedback by May 31 at Wauwatosa.net/health.
The next step is to create a Community Health Improvement Program, which will come up with goals and strategies to improve those priority areas.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director
- In Our Schools: April 24
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority