So far, there are no applicants to represent District 2 on the Wauwatosa Common Council following the resignation of Eric Meaux earlier this month.
Mayor Kathy Ehley has appointed an aldermanic selection committee, which will meet June 4 to interview candidates and recommend an appointment.
The appointment would be for about a year. The chosen candidate will be required to run for election in April 2013 to complete the remaining three years of the term.
Aldermen are paid $350 per month and benefits include Wisconsin Retirement System pension and life insurance. Regular weekly meeting attendance is expected.
To apply, residents must submit a letter of intent, including their full name and birthdate and a résumé to the Wauwatosa City Clerk, 7725 W. North Avenue, Wauwatosa, WI 53213.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000
- Menomonee River Parkway opens for business