So far, there are no applicants to represent District 2 on the Wauwatosa Common Council following the resignation of Eric Meaux earlier this month.
Mayor Kathy Ehley has appointed an aldermanic selection committee, which will meet June 4 to interview candidates and recommend an appointment.
The appointment would be for about a year. The chosen candidate will be required to run for election in April 2013 to complete the remaining three years of the term.
Aldermen are paid $350 per month and benefits include Wisconsin Retirement System pension and life insurance. Regular weekly meeting attendance is expected.
To apply, residents must submit a letter of intent, including their full name and birthdate and a résumé to the Wauwatosa City Clerk, 7725 W. North Avenue, Wauwatosa, WI 53213.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety