So far, there are no applicants to represent District 2 on the Wauwatosa Common Council following the resignation of Eric Meaux earlier this month.
Mayor Kathy Ehley has appointed an aldermanic selection committee, which will meet June 4 to interview candidates and recommend an appointment.
The appointment would be for about a year. The chosen candidate will be required to run for election in April 2013 to complete the remaining three years of the term.
Aldermen are paid $350 per month and benefits include Wisconsin Retirement System pension and life insurance. Regular weekly meeting attendance is expected.
To apply, residents must submit a letter of intent, including their full name and birthdate and a résumé to the Wauwatosa City Clerk, 7725 W. North Avenue, Wauwatosa, WI 53213.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director