So far, there are no applicants to represent District 2 on the Wauwatosa Common Council following the resignation of Eric Meaux earlier this month.
Mayor Kathy Ehley has appointed an aldermanic selection committee, which will meet June 4 to interview candidates and recommend an appointment.
The appointment would be for about a year. The chosen candidate will be required to run for election in April 2013 to complete the remaining three years of the term.
Aldermen are paid $350 per month and benefits include Wisconsin Retirement System pension and life insurance. Regular weekly meeting attendance is expected.
To apply, residents must submit a letter of intent, including their full name and birthdate and a résumé to the Wauwatosa City Clerk, 7725 W. North Avenue, Wauwatosa, WI 53213.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word