The East Tosa Alliance wants to help people chill out and enjoy summer by offering food, music and a chili cook-off Saturday.
Chili'n on the Avenue returns for the third year, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, in an effort to showcase the commercial district, foster bonds between neighbors and raise money to promote shopping and dining along North Avenue.
To allow for the festival's growth, the stretch where it will be held has expanded this year, said Rachel Schickowski, event marketing chairwoman. Activities will span North Avenue from 68th Street to Lefeber Avenue.
There will be children's activities, vendors and a chili contest. Paul Cebar and Tomorrow Sound will headline the street festival with a performance at 3:30 p.m.
A number of cooks will prepare their chili recipes and judges will determine the tastiest creation. Members of the public can make up their own minds by buying small bowls and sampling for themselves.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands