The East Tosa Alliance wants to help people chill out and enjoy summer by offering food, music and a chili cook-off Saturday.
Chili'n on the Avenue returns for the third year, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, in an effort to showcase the commercial district, foster bonds between neighbors and raise money to promote shopping and dining along North Avenue.
To allow for the festival's growth, the stretch where it will be held has expanded this year, said Rachel Schickowski, event marketing chairwoman. Activities will span North Avenue from 68th Street to Lefeber Avenue.
There will be children's activities, vendors and a chili contest. Paul Cebar and Tomorrow Sound will headline the street festival with a performance at 3:30 p.m.
A number of cooks will prepare their chili recipes and judges will determine the tastiest creation. Members of the public can make up their own minds by buying small bowls and sampling for themselves.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series