The presiding judge at Milwaukee County Children's Court Center said construction on Watertown Plank Road related to the Zoo Interchange project will present a major challenge to those who require access to the center.
The center, at 10201 W. Watertown Plank between Mayfair Road and Highway 45, handles juvenile and child court matters, and houses juvenile detention.
Watertown Plank in front of the center will be rebuilt, and the ramps that give access to the highway will be replaced with a broad, looping, high-capacity interchange, including the addition of a new lane west of the interchange passing in front of the center.
"It appears it's going to … have a major impact on people getting to and from the Children's Court Center," Milwaukee County Circuit Court Judge Joseph Donald said this week.
Donald said 455 people work at the center, and his "best-guess estimate" is that an additional 650 people come through it on a daily basis.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (3)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers