A garage in the 8000 block of Chestnut Street caught fire this morning.
There were no injuries. The cause of the fire and dollar amount of property damage have not yet been determined, Deputy Chief James Case said in a prepared statement.
When fire crews arrived at 3:32 a.m., a detached garage was filled with a large volume of smoke and fire, he said. Firefighters spent two hours extinguishing the blaze and investigating the scene.
We Energies was called in to assist with numerous downed power lines. As the Fire Department left the property, some neighboring homes were without power, Case said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Two businesses in same building burglarized
- Wauwatosa Montessori students practice mind-body awareness with help from Growing Minds program
- Exercising eminent domain, Wauwatosa seeks warehouse property for school drop-off site
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Therapist finds himself enriched by a life shaped by transitions
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings