A garage in the 8000 block of Chestnut Street caught fire this morning.
There were no injuries. The cause of the fire and dollar amount of property damage have not yet been determined, Deputy Chief James Case said in a prepared statement.
When fire crews arrived at 3:32 a.m., a detached garage was filled with a large volume of smoke and fire, he said. Firefighters spent two hours extinguishing the blaze and investigating the scene.
We Energies was called in to assist with numerous downed power lines. As the Fire Department left the property, some neighboring homes were without power, Case said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director
- In Our Schools: April 24
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority