A garage in the 8000 block of Chestnut Street caught fire this morning.
There were no injuries. The cause of the fire and dollar amount of property damage have not yet been determined, Deputy Chief James Case said in a prepared statement.
When fire crews arrived at 3:32 a.m., a detached garage was filled with a large volume of smoke and fire, he said. Firefighters spent two hours extinguishing the blaze and investigating the scene.
We Energies was called in to assist with numerous downed power lines. As the Fire Department left the property, some neighboring homes were without power, Case said.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (12)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes