A garage in the 8000 block of Chestnut Street caught fire this morning.
There were no injuries. The cause of the fire and dollar amount of property damage have not yet been determined, Deputy Chief James Case said in a prepared statement.
When fire crews arrived at 3:32 a.m., a detached garage was filled with a large volume of smoke and fire, he said. Firefighters spent two hours extinguishing the blaze and investigating the scene.
We Energies was called in to assist with numerous downed power lines. As the Fire Department left the property, some neighboring homes were without power, Case said.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety