Three local organizations have won Wauwatosa Chamber of Commerce awards for their contributions to the community in 2011.
The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County has been named the Regional Impact winner.
The Small Business award goes to Radisson Hotel Milwaukee-West.
The chamber thanks the Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool for the aquatic facility that opened last summer with the Civic Appreciation Award.
Both businesses will be honored at the chamber's annual meeting from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Jan. 26 at the Radisson, 2303 N. Mayfair Road. An after-party is set for the new Jimmy's Island Grill & Iguana Bar adjacent to the hotel.
To register, go to tosachamber.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'