A day care center has again been proposed for the vacant space in a building at 73rd and Center streets.
Shacolia Gillespie, who operates a licensed children's day care out of her Milwaukee home, is looking to expand to a larger space. She plans to operate from 6 a.m. to midnight weekdays to accommodate parents with first- and second-shift jobs.
The Plan Commission tonight unanimously recommended the use because it mirrored a request that was approved a year ago by another day care operator that abandoned those business plans.
The plan must go before the Community Development Committee Feb. 28, followed by the Common Council the next week before Gillespie can open her door to little ones.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal