A day care center has again been proposed for the vacant space in a building at 73rd and Center streets.
Shacolia Gillespie, who operates a licensed children's day care out of her Milwaukee home, is looking to expand to a larger space. She plans to operate from 6 a.m. to midnight weekdays to accommodate parents with first- and second-shift jobs.
The Plan Commission tonight unanimously recommended the use because it mirrored a request that was approved a year ago by another day care operator that abandoned those business plans.
The plan must go before the Community Development Committee Feb. 28, followed by the Common Council the next week before Gillespie can open her door to little ones.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School