A day care center has again been proposed for the vacant space in a building at 73rd and Center streets.
Shacolia Gillespie, who operates a licensed children's day care out of her Milwaukee home, is looking to expand to a larger space. She plans to operate from 6 a.m. to midnight weekdays to accommodate parents with first- and second-shift jobs.
The Plan Commission tonight unanimously recommended the use because it mirrored a request that was approved a year ago by another day care operator that abandoned those business plans.
The plan must go before the Community Development Committee Feb. 28, followed by the Common Council the next week before Gillespie can open her door to little ones.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kids dig into nature at Camp Arrowhead
- I-94 closure 'smooth as could be'
- Residents seek ideas for changes at Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa honors first responders
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 10
- Menomonee River 14-year-old drowning victim identified
- Comb 'N Shear in Wauwatosa gives personalized service
- Ask Now: Will the city ever collect recyclables on a weekly basis?
- University Lab School may be stuck without a home