A day care center has again been proposed for the vacant space in a building at 73rd and Center streets.
Shacolia Gillespie, who operates a licensed children's day care out of her Milwaukee home, is looking to expand to a larger space. She plans to operate from 6 a.m. to midnight weekdays to accommodate parents with first- and second-shift jobs.
The Plan Commission tonight unanimously recommended the use because it mirrored a request that was approved a year ago by another day care operator that abandoned those business plans.
The plan must go before the Community Development Committee Feb. 28, followed by the Common Council the next week before Gillespie can open her door to little ones.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thousands of items on sale at Wauwatosa Public Library in late October
- Wauwatosa School District to host 'Autism Insights and Strategies'
- Public invited to name baby giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes (1)
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop