A car slammed into a home at Mayfair Road and Auer Avenue after it was hit by another car on Christmas Eve. The chain-reaction collision sent an 86-year-old woman to Froedtert Hospital with neck and back pain.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The incident occurred at 1:51 p.m. Dec. 24, after a 19-year-old woman pulled out of the Kmart driveway, 3201 N. Mayfair Road, and quickly accelerated across Mayfair Road and through the median break at Auer Avenue, where her car collided with another. She had been talking on her cell phone.
The driver of the second car, an 83-year-old man, lost control of his vehicle and crossed the lanes of traffic, stopping when he struck the house. His passenger was taken to Froedtert.
The teen was cited for driving without a valid license, failing to yield when entering a highway and driving without insurance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 27
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Arte Wine & Painting Studio
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds