A car slammed into a home at Mayfair Road and Auer Avenue after it was hit by another car on Christmas Eve. The chain-reaction collision sent an 86-year-old woman to Froedtert Hospital with neck and back pain.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The incident occurred at 1:51 p.m. Dec. 24, after a 19-year-old woman pulled out of the Kmart driveway, 3201 N. Mayfair Road, and quickly accelerated across Mayfair Road and through the median break at Auer Avenue, where her car collided with another. She had been talking on her cell phone.
The driver of the second car, an 83-year-old man, lost control of his vehicle and crossed the lanes of traffic, stopping when he struck the house. His passenger was taken to Froedtert.
The teen was cited for driving without a valid license, failing to yield when entering a highway and driving without insurance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Village streetscape project passes through Tosa's Common Council
- Meijer opens in Wauwatosa, draws overnight campers in parking lot
- Wauwatosa Relay for Life's fundraising, participation double from last year
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: From a personal quest to a rug store in Tosa
- Meijer to open in Wauwatosa Tuesday
- Fire crews battle flames at Sherwin-Williams paint store (1)
- Wauwatosa police search for armed bank robbery suspect
- Tosa letters to the editor: Destination Imagination
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Aug. 6