Learn how to create
an outdoor living space
The Milwaukee chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry will sponsor a free panel discussion on creating an outdoor living space from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Sept. 17 in the Ron Ziglinski, CR Education Center in the Milwaukee/NARI office, 11815 W. Dearbourn Ave., Wauwatosa.
The panel discussion will address the various options for homeowners when it comes to updating their home's exterior by extending the living space to the outside of a home.
The event will include a question-and-answer session.
All attendees will receive a pair of tickets for the 24th annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show, to be held Sept. 19 to 21. Light refreshments will be served. Reservations are required.
Call (414) 771-4071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Froedtert & the Medical College support exercise challenge
The sun was shining on Wednesday, August 18 as many Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin staff members supported the City of Milwaukee's 100 Miles in 100 Days Challenge.
Mayor Tom Barrett joined Froedtert Health president and CEO Cathy Jacobson for a walk in the Wauwatosa-based Milwaukee Regional Medical Center campus. At the launch of the challenge, Jacobson signed up to take part, and the hospital's Wellness Works employee health program encouraged nearly 9,000 staff across the regional health system to take the pledge and walk 100 miles.
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a member of Well City Milwaukee, a coalition of employers working together to put Milwaukee on the map as one of our nation's cities with the healthiest workforce.
Chamber hosts program on technology trends
Brookfield — The Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents a program on technology trends from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 16.
This monthly series, presented by the chamber, is facilitated by Gjeret Stein of Sensible Gurus. It will keep attendees up-to-date on commonly used software. This session will be held at the chamber office, 17100 W. Bluemound Road, Suite 202, and focuses on iOS7 update, Apple TV, iPhones and iPads. The program is $5 to chamber members with pre-registration required, and $15 for prospective members. Email email@example.com.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety