Bullying took a violent turn when a teen girl whipped around a sock full of metal padlocks at 66th and Center streets Thursday afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two girls were riding the county bus when a man randomly started verbally bullying them and three girls laughingly egged him on. When the two victims got off the bus, the three other girls followed them and continued to make rude comments.
One of the victims dialed 911, but one of the bullies swatted the phone out of her hands. When the victim eventually started yelling back at the instigators, one of the bullies pulled out a sock containing three padlocks that were linked together. She started swinging.
The victims were able to dodge the weapon, and an officer saw the fight unfolding in the middle of Center Street at 12:08 p.m.
Two of the bullies ran off when the officer arrived. The third, who had been urging her friends to stop being mean, stayed behind.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5
- Public Forum: Women's rights, abortion rights, are not respected
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: March 5
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa
- Twirly Birds vintage store plans return to Wauwatosa
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships