Brian Bawden, 63, was elected to Seat 7 of the Wauwatosa School Board on Tuesday.
According to unofficial results Tuesday:
Bawden received 2,167 votes, and his opponent, Michael Huitink, received 2,085.
Seat 7 was formerly held by Carmela Rios, who declined to run for re-election. Bawden is a former teacher in the Wauwatosa School District.
Bawden said in January he would no longer seek Seat 7 due to his father's diminishing health.
He could not immediately be reached for comment on his win.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School