Brian Bawden, 63, was elected to Seat 7 of the Wauwatosa School Board on Tuesday.
According to unofficial results Tuesday:
Bawden received 2,167 votes, and his opponent, Michael Huitink, received 2,085.
Seat 7 was formerly held by Carmela Rios, who declined to run for re-election. Bawden is a former teacher in the Wauwatosa School District.
Bawden said in January he would no longer seek Seat 7 due to his father's diminishing health.
He could not immediately be reached for comment on his win.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events
- Wauwatosa schools celebrate Walk to School Day on Oct. 7
- Wauwatosa Fire Department earns accreditation, and is now more data-driven than ever
- A tour of homes with a flavor of architecture and history
- Wauwatosa West High School homecoming is student-run this year
- Tosa Farmers Market pushes for end-of-year attendance
- In brief: author chat, budget talks, spring election
- Wauwatosa School Board approves superintendent's new contract, salary
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Oct. 1