Two Milwaukee boys, ages 13 and 15, were arrested after they allegedly took three cell phones from a woman's car in an underground garage in the 9600 block of W. Hampton Avenue at 4:59 p.m. Sept. 6.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The boys had followed the victim when she parked in the parking garage. She left her windows open and her car unlocked, thinking that her car was safe in the garage. When she returned to her car soon after, she discovered that her car rummaged through and three cellphones missing.
Because the theft occurred in such a short time frame, she suspected the two boys, who she had seen outside of her apartment about the same time. She provided police with a description of both youths.
After locating the boys, police searched them, finding the three cellphones in their possession. At first, the boys initially told the police they owned the cellphones, but later admitted to stealing them.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000