Two Milwaukee boys, ages 13 and 15, were arrested after they allegedly took three cell phones from a woman's car in an underground garage in the 9600 block of W. Hampton Avenue at 4:59 p.m. Sept. 6.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The boys had followed the victim when she parked in the parking garage. She left her windows open and her car unlocked, thinking that her car was safe in the garage. When she returned to her car soon after, she discovered that her car rummaged through and three cellphones missing.
Because the theft occurred in such a short time frame, she suspected the two boys, who she had seen outside of her apartment about the same time. She provided police with a description of both youths.
After locating the boys, police searched them, finding the three cellphones in their possession. At first, the boys initially told the police they owned the cellphones, but later admitted to stealing them.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa