Two Milwaukee boys, ages 13 and 15, were arrested after they allegedly took three cell phones from a woman's car in an underground garage in the 9600 block of W. Hampton Avenue at 4:59 p.m. Sept. 6.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The boys had followed the victim when she parked in the parking garage. She left her windows open and her car unlocked, thinking that her car was safe in the garage. When she returned to her car soon after, she discovered that her car rummaged through and three cellphones missing.
Because the theft occurred in such a short time frame, she suspected the two boys, who she had seen outside of her apartment about the same time. She provided police with a description of both youths.
After locating the boys, police searched them, finding the three cellphones in their possession. At first, the boys initially told the police they owned the cellphones, but later admitted to stealing them.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3