Bostik Inc. has announced the completion of an $8 million expansion of its headquarters at 11320 Watertown Plank Road, consolidating its administrative and its research and development functions from multiple facilities to create its Americas Business & Technology Center.
The project will add a total of 76 R&D and business leadership positions to the previous employment of 164 at the local site by the end of 2014, the company said.
Beginning in August of last year, Bostik said it worked with the Milwaukee 7 to find a site for the project, and Wauwatosa was among three sites considered. Milwaukee 7 convened a meeting of state and local officials, at which Bostik detailed its plans. The state offered $1.5 million in Wisconsin Jobs Tax Credits, said the company in a statement.
Bostik selected Wauwatosa in September of last year.
Bostik's operating entity for the Americas Region is based here. It is part of Bostik worldwide, which is headquartered in France and owned by Total.
The company manufactures adhesives and sealants and provides bonding solutions for the construction, consumer, transportation, packaging, personal care and hygiene, and industrial assembly markets.
Bostik's U.S. operations are located in Wisconsin, California, Georgia, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and South Carolina. Bostik has operations in more than 50 countries around the globe, the statement said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School