The BloodCenter of Wisconsin sees a slump in donations each summer. To pump up the supply, the Wauwatosa-based facility is offering a free ticket to Wisconsin State Fair to every person who donates blood now through Aug. 11.
In Wauwatosa, people can give blood at the donor center at 8733 Watertown Plank Road. Make an appointment by calling (877) 232-4376 and mention the word "summer" or enter summer in the comment box of the confirmation page when registering online at bcw.edu.
The BloodCenter must see at least 800 donors each day to meet the needs of the hospitals it serves. During the summer months, donations drop because of summer travel and fewer school and community blood drives.
Donors should bring a photo ID that includes their birth date to show donors are 17 or older, or 16 with parental permission.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?