Phase 2 Skateshop
comes to Wauwatosa
Phase 2 Skateshop celebrated a soft opening on Sunday, Aug. 17, at its new Wauwatosa location in the village at 7346 W. State St. It will officially open later this month, according to its Facebook page.
Phase 2 is a locally-owned company that has been in business since 1985. It stocks skateboards, longboards, shoes, safety gear and other skating accessories. Its current location is in Brookfield at 18110 W. Bluemound Road.
Owners could not be reached for an interview.
Twirly Birds, wanting more space, goes to Waukesha
Kim Jenkins and Penny Stark of Twirly Birds will be moving their vintage and hand-craft store from West State Street to a Waukesha warehouse, 1426 Arcadian Ave., by the end of August.
Jenkins and Stark have found success selling refurbished home decor items, as well as hand-made pieces from their personal collections. But since opening in Wauwatosa in 2011, the two have itched for more space, which the new warehouse will afford, Stark said. The owners also want to expand their vintage wedding rental business.
The store concept in Waukesha will be an "occasional marketplace," in which multiple vendors will operate out of the same warehouse and will re-open each month with a fresh offering of goods to sell. Twirly Birds will be open the second Wednesday through Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Empire Fish
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon looks to bring duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa
- No serious injuries reported in rollover crash on Highway 45 at Watertown Plank
- Longtime Wauwatosa resident receives Distinguished Citizen Award
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 2
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Arpil 2
- Wauwatosa's Barbara Mohr brings cartoon characters to life on Easter eggs
- State Reps. Hutton and Kooyenga hold town hall meetings in Wauwatosa
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2