Phase 2 Skateshop
comes to Wauwatosa
Phase 2 Skateshop celebrated a soft opening on Sunday, Aug. 17, at its new Wauwatosa location in the village at 7346 W. State St. It will officially open later this month, according to its Facebook page.
Phase 2 is a locally-owned company that has been in business since 1985. It stocks skateboards, longboards, shoes, safety gear and other skating accessories. Its current location is in Brookfield at 18110 W. Bluemound Road.
Owners could not be reached for an interview.
Twirly Birds, wanting more space, goes to Waukesha
Kim Jenkins and Penny Stark of Twirly Birds will be moving their vintage and hand-craft store from West State Street to a Waukesha warehouse, 1426 Arcadian Ave., by the end of August.
Jenkins and Stark have found success selling refurbished home decor items, as well as hand-made pieces from their personal collections. But since opening in Wauwatosa in 2011, the two have itched for more space, which the new warehouse will afford, Stark said. The owners also want to expand their vintage wedding rental business.
The store concept in Waukesha will be an "occasional marketplace," in which multiple vendors will operate out of the same warehouse and will re-open each month with a fresh offering of goods to sell. Twirly Birds will be open the second Wednesday through Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum