Le Cakery is changing ownership and name
Le Cakery, 13320 Watertown Plank Road, will operate under new ownership—and a new name—after July 31, 2014.
The wedding and occasion cake bakery, which also moonlights as a casual lunch and dinner cafe, will stay in the same location in Elm Grove, but will be called Sweet Tooth under its new owner.
Nothing will change for current clients' orders, said Hakan Hare, former proprietor of Le Cakery. But Sweet Tooth's menu will differ slightly from Le Cakery's.
Dental Associates moves from Tosa to downtown
The state's largest family-owned dental group practice, Dental Associates, moved its Wauwatosa headquarters — and 60 jobs — to downtown Milwaukee's historic Iron Block building on Monday, July 28.
It has taken the firm more than two years to open its Milwaukee location after purchasing the Iron Block building, which is also a landmark, in January 2012.
Tall Guy, Ruby Tap celebrate anniversaries
Tall Guy plans to celebrate its first anniversary Saturday, Aug. 2, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 7227 W. North Ave. with specials from $1 to $5 on food and drinks.
The same day, down in the village, Ruby Tap plans to celebrate its second anniversary from 1 to 11 p.m. at 1341 Wauwatosa Ave. The self-serve wine bar will have $2 specials on mimosas, sangria, wine and snacks.
Cafe Perrin remodeling and changing name
Cafe Perrin, just a block outside Wauwatosa at 5901 W. Vliet St., is closing briefly in August to remodel the dining room, the Journal Sentinel reported. The restaurant plans to change its name to Nourri, add a small bar, and focus more on dinner, while also serving weekend brunch and weekday lunch.
Retail changes at Bluemound and Mayfair
Two new businesses, World of Beer and Peet's Coffee & Tea, are reconstructing spaces in the shopping complex on the northeast corner of Bluemound Road and Highway 100. Both hope to open in August.
Peet's is replacing Caribou Coffee under the same ownership and management. World of Beer, a craft-beer franchise, is new to Wauwatosa but has another location on Brady Street in Milwaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern
- In Our Schools: March 26, 2015
- Hidden Tosa: The sordid life story of garbage