The bike and pedestrian path leading into the Village from the Menomonee River will be closed for about two weeks beginning Friday while the Harmonee Avenue bridge, which passes over the trail, is sandblasted and painted, the city announced today.
Signs will be posted at both ends of that section of trail. Trail users will be detoured to a route that follows the parkway and State Street. The detour will be marked by signs.
Part of the Red Store lot will be available for parking for the farmers market on Saturday and the next Saturday, Sept. 1. The contractor will not be working on Sept. 7 and 8, and will remove his equipment to the west end of the Red Store during Tosa Fest, the city said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair