The bike and pedestrian path leading into the Village from the Menomonee River will be closed for about two weeks beginning Friday while the Harmonee Avenue bridge, which passes over the trail, is sandblasted and painted, the city announced today.
Signs will be posted at both ends of that section of trail. Trail users will be detoured to a route that follows the parkway and State Street. The detour will be marked by signs.
Part of the Red Store lot will be available for parking for the farmers market on Saturday and the next Saturday, Sept. 1. The contractor will not be working on Sept. 7 and 8, and will remove his equipment to the west end of the Red Store during Tosa Fest, the city said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern
- In Our Schools: March 26, 2015
- Hidden Tosa: The sordid life story of garbage
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: March 26