The bike and pedestrian path leading into the Village from the Menomonee River will be closed for about two weeks beginning Friday while the Harmonee Avenue bridge, which passes over the trail, is sandblasted and painted, the city announced today.
Signs will be posted at both ends of that section of trail. Trail users will be detoured to a route that follows the parkway and State Street. The detour will be marked by signs.
Part of the Red Store lot will be available for parking for the farmers market on Saturday and the next Saturday, Sept. 1. The contractor will not be working on Sept. 7 and 8, and will remove his equipment to the west end of the Red Store during Tosa Fest, the city said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa