The bike and pedestrian path leading into the Village from the Menomonee River will be closed for about two weeks beginning Friday while the Harmonee Avenue bridge, which passes over the trail, is sandblasted and painted, the city announced today.
Signs will be posted at both ends of that section of trail. Trail users will be detoured to a route that follows the parkway and State Street. The detour will be marked by signs.
Part of the Red Store lot will be available for parking for the farmers market on Saturday and the next Saturday, Sept. 1. The contractor will not be working on Sept. 7 and 8, and will remove his equipment to the west end of the Red Store during Tosa Fest, the city said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94