A demolition permit issued by the city signals an end to the building on 104th Street and North Avenue that had housed Aurora Health Care medical offices at the entrance to the Mayfair property.
A fence has been put up around the entire property, and the building looks empty.
"Aurora was a tenant in that building and left when the lease ended," said Myrle Croasdale, a spokesperson for the health care company. "All the services in that building were moved into existing sites nearby."
A demolition company, Veit, took out the permit, said Karl Schreiber, city development coordinator. He didn't give an anticipated date for the building to be razed.
As for future use of the property that has a land value of $6.3 million, "there is not yet an application for redevelopment of the site," Schreiber said.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety