A demolition permit issued by the city signals an end to the building on 104th Street and North Avenue that had housed Aurora Health Care medical offices at the entrance to the Mayfair property.
A fence has been put up around the entire property, and the building looks empty.
"Aurora was a tenant in that building and left when the lease ended," said Myrle Croasdale, a spokesperson for the health care company. "All the services in that building were moved into existing sites nearby."
A demolition company, Veit, took out the permit, said Karl Schreiber, city development coordinator. He didn't give an anticipated date for the building to be razed.
As for future use of the property that has a land value of $6.3 million, "there is not yet an application for redevelopment of the site," Schreiber said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances