A demolition permit issued by the city signals an end to the building on 104th Street and North Avenue that had housed Aurora Health Care medical offices at the entrance to the Mayfair property.
A fence has been put up around the entire property, and the building looks empty.
"Aurora was a tenant in that building and left when the lease ended," said Myrle Croasdale, a spokesperson for the health care company. "All the services in that building were moved into existing sites nearby."
A demolition company, Veit, took out the permit, said Karl Schreiber, city development coordinator. He didn't give an anticipated date for the building to be razed.
As for future use of the property that has a land value of $6.3 million, "there is not yet an application for redevelopment of the site," Schreiber said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting