A demolition permit issued by the city signals an end to the building on 104th Street and North Avenue that had housed Aurora Health Care medical offices at the entrance to the Mayfair property.
A fence has been put up around the entire property, and the building looks empty.
"Aurora was a tenant in that building and left when the lease ended," said Myrle Croasdale, a spokesperson for the health care company. "All the services in that building were moved into existing sites nearby."
A demolition company, Veit, took out the permit, said Karl Schreiber, city development coordinator. He didn't give an anticipated date for the building to be razed.
As for future use of the property that has a land value of $6.3 million, "there is not yet an application for redevelopment of the site," Schreiber said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers
- wnt_senior meals_1008
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8
- In Our Schools: Oct. 8
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 27 - Oct. 3
- Bedbugs found in Wauwatosa juvenile court center (2)
- Wauwatosa police to try out body cameras on motorcycle patrols
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Oct. 8
- Nordstrom Mayfair announces gala, late-night party fundraising events