A burglary in the 1600 block of Mountain Avenue put an assault rifle and three pistols, one of which came equipped with a laser sight, on the streets.
According to the Wauwatosa Police Report:
The homeowner had stepped out to Popeye's on 76th and Capitol at 8 p.m. At 9 p.m. he found his house ransacked and called the police.
When police entered the home they saw a black shotgun, pistol holster sans pistol, multiple loaded magazines, an empty bottle of tequila and an older .22 caliber rifle laying around a table.
The homeowner assured them that his guns were normally left lying about but he suspected the tequila was imbibed by the burglars.
Police found 10 more guns and 1,000 rounds of ammunition in his attic.
While the man was calling police, his home alarm went off and he thought he heard someone leaving the house. The alarm went off again while police were in the house, but they attributed the noise to the door inadvertently opening on its own. Police didn't find footprints around the door.
Total loss is estimated at $2,500.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes