Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed. Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems?
Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
Issue: A reader wanted to know about the proposed apartment project at 2100 N. Mayfair Road.
"I know there was neighborhood opposition," he wrote, "but I thought it was still moving forward. Any information would be appreciated."
Status: After a public hearing earlier this year which drew much opposition from neighbors over building access and height, developer John Czarnecki of Brookfield told the city he would rework the project.
Czarnecki recently told NOW he will be back but added, "No date has been set."
City officials said local residents objected to the building height of five stories (with a sixth story on one end) and the main access via an alley.
When the state Department of Transportation built the exit ramp from northbound Highway 45 to northbound Mayfair Road, it cut off the street access to the building.
Ald. Kathleen Causier said she heard complaints from "many residents in that area" at the time of the original proposal.
"They really objected to the added traffic flow, which already is high because of the ramp," Causier said. "I did hear from some residents a few blocks east of that area who are not as affected and who said they were not opposed to the building."
City Planner Tammy Szudy said the feelings were typical of most new developments.
"Yes, it's usually about height and traffic," she said.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What types of pavers will be used in the new village streetscaping project?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will a sound barrier be built along the freeway near Center Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What was the strong odor in the Village on March 10?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are city trees being trimmed so dramatically?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why were the center stripes on the Menomonee Parkway moved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are anti-theft devices for cars worthwhile?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there speed bumps on the Menomonee River Parkway?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done to the Hoyt Park pedestrian bridge?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are the new lights going in LEDs?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is there a partial brick alley between 102nd and 103rd streets?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is Jennings Park and why does it have a sign?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the building proposed for 2100 N. Mayfair Road ever get under way?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Bluemound Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why won't the city collect trash if a car is parked on the street in front of it?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will there be more caution signs at Martha Washington Drive and Milwaukee Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are new streetlights being placed because of coyote sightings?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is the zoo building a new entrance?
- Ask Now: Why did we hear so much gunfire from the Wauwatosa Police Department in the fall?