Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
Why isn't the wall finished at the Greenfield Avenue expressway bridge?
Issue:A reader, pointing out "This is not in Tosa, but certainly something everyone in the area cares about," asked why the east wall of westbound Interstate 894 at the Greenfield Avenue bridge has not been completed along with the rest of the construction.
"Everything else looks complete," she wrote. "It's been months since it (the bridge) reopened."
Status: The unfinished construction is by design as are other unfinished pieces of I-894 work leading up to the complete redesign of the Zoo Interchange, state Department of Transportation spokesman Michael Pyritz said.
"The Greenfield Avenue bridge was one of the first ancillary projects leading up to the Zoo Interchange," Pyritz said. "What's happening is that roads leading to that interchange are still going through a process of design and reconstruction. That means some pieces are being built for functionality. We don't want to finish construction of those things only to tear them down and rebuild. That would not be the best use of dollars spent."
Pyritz suggested those wanting more information regarding the current details and the future plans of the Zoo Interchange project should go to the DOT website, www.dot.state.wi.us and click on "Plans and Projects" and then "Southeast Region."
Submit your question by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
- Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why the no-right-turn sign on 103rd Street across from San Camillo?
- Ask NOW: Are local LED lights in signs regulated?
- Ask NOW: Why aren't there turn signals at intersection of Wauwatosa and Milwaukee?
- Ask NOW: Will the abandoned car lots on Burleigh and 112th be developed?
- Ask NOW: When will the Hoyt Park beer garden open?
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- Ask NOW: What is happening at boarded up home?
- Ask NOW: What is the sign in the median at 124th and Burleigh?
- Ask NOW: What does the historical society do with donated items?
- Ask NOW: Do Tosa students spend more days in school than required?
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Ask NOW: Why is there always a police car on 68th near Bluemound?
- Ask NOW: Is the daycare at 73rd and Center going to reopen?
- Ask NOW: What constitutes a clear walkway?