Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
Why isn't the wall finished at the Greenfield Avenue expressway bridge?
Issue:A reader, pointing out "This is not in Tosa, but certainly something everyone in the area cares about," asked why the east wall of westbound Interstate 894 at the Greenfield Avenue bridge has not been completed along with the rest of the construction.
"Everything else looks complete," she wrote. "It's been months since it (the bridge) reopened."
Status: The unfinished construction is by design as are other unfinished pieces of I-894 work leading up to the complete redesign of the Zoo Interchange, state Department of Transportation spokesman Michael Pyritz said.
"The Greenfield Avenue bridge was one of the first ancillary projects leading up to the Zoo Interchange," Pyritz said. "What's happening is that roads leading to that interchange are still going through a process of design and reconstruction. That means some pieces are being built for functionality. We don't want to finish construction of those things only to tear them down and rebuild. That would not be the best use of dollars spent."
Pyritz suggested those wanting more information regarding the current details and the future plans of the Zoo Interchange project should go to the DOT website, www.dot.state.wi.us and click on "Plans and Projects" and then "Southeast Region."
Submit your question by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is Jennings Park and why does it have a sign?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the building proposed for 2100 N. Mayfair Road ever get under way?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Bluemound Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why won't the city collect trash if a car is parked on the street in front of it?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will there be more caution signs at Martha Washington Drive and Milwaukee Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are new streetlights being placed because of coyote sightings?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is the zoo building a new entrance?
- Ask Now: Why did we hear so much gunfire from the Wauwatosa Police Department in the fall?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: Who's responsible for the corner east of Mo's Irish Pub?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are there plans to improve the traffic signals at 68th and Wells streets?
- Ask Now: Why is pedestrian crossway on Mayfair Road at Menomonee River Parkway in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was Wauwatosa's official trick-or-treat almost a week ahead of Halloween?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why the short green light for northbound drivers on 116th Street at North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's up with the building at 7954 Harwood Ave.?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Do bicyclists have the same right-of-way as a pedestrian in a crosswalk?
- Ask Now: What's the big green box at 104th Street and Wisconsin Avenue?