Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
Why isn't the wall finished at the Greenfield Avenue expressway bridge?
Issue:A reader, pointing out "This is not in Tosa, but certainly something everyone in the area cares about," asked why the east wall of westbound Interstate 894 at the Greenfield Avenue bridge has not been completed along with the rest of the construction.
"Everything else looks complete," she wrote. "It's been months since it (the bridge) reopened."
Status: The unfinished construction is by design as are other unfinished pieces of I-894 work leading up to the complete redesign of the Zoo Interchange, state Department of Transportation spokesman Michael Pyritz said.
"The Greenfield Avenue bridge was one of the first ancillary projects leading up to the Zoo Interchange," Pyritz said. "What's happening is that roads leading to that interchange are still going through a process of design and reconstruction. That means some pieces are being built for functionality. We don't want to finish construction of those things only to tear them down and rebuild. That would not be the best use of dollars spent."
Pyritz suggested those wanting more information regarding the current details and the future plans of the Zoo Interchange project should go to the DOT website, www.dot.state.wi.us and click on "Plans and Projects" and then "Southeast Region."
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Do bicyclists have the same right-of-way as a pedestrian in a crosswalk?
- Ask Now: What's the big green box at 104th Street and Wisconsin Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are U-turns at stoplights still illegal?
- Ask Now: Why are some streets covered with gravel?
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why is Underwood Creek bright green?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to the traffic light at Harwood and Glenview avenues?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Ask Now: What are the hours of the Hart Park splash pad?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is it overgrown along 124th Street south of North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will the fence at Hartung Park be removed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the apartments under construction on North Avenue so close to the street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are some right lanes striped?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why aren't my neighborhood's trees being trimmed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can Tosa Presbyterian put a "Do Not Enter" sign in the street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the gym floors at Longellow and Tosa East in such bad shape?