Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
When will the Hoyt Park beer garden open?
Issue: We caught a tweet from a reader who wondered when The Landing — the beer garden run by the Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool – would re-open this year. The author said she and a friend "have important business to attend to there."
Status: That "business" may commence on Wednesday, May 14, when The Landing is scheduled to open, weather permitting.
Mary Pluta, director of communications for the Friends organization, said she is hopeful the early opening for this first full year of operation will hold despite the recent inclement weather.
"It has been a lousy winter," Pluta said. "We just hope that spring arrives before summer."
She said The Landing, which opened in late July last year, will have the benefit of a full array of seating that was phased in during its 2013 run. The beer lineup is changing and live music, a more sporadic feature last year, is regularly scheduled throughout this season.
The Landing will be open from 3 to 9 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday at 1800 N. Swan Blvd. Pluta said a formal news release with full season details will be sent out in early May.
For up-to-date information throughout the season, Pluta suggested following The Landing at Hoyt Park on Facebook.
Submit your question by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the gym floors at Longellow and Tosa East in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's under that red tent on Burleigh Road?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is Tosa's ZIP Code 53226 linked to Milwaukee?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's the status of the church for sale on 70th Street?
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa build a sidewalk between Swan Boulevard trails and Discovery Parkway?
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Ask Now: Why does the Police Department continue to publish a paper version of its newsletter?
- Ask Now: Will the city fix 68th Street between State Street and Milwaukee Avenue?
- Ask Now: Why is there snow on the sidewalk on a stretch along Potter Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will North Avenue west of Mayfair Road be fixed?
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: How does the Peony Restaurant stay open?
- Ask Now: What is happening to the lagoon area north of Burleigh Street on the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: What does the city earn, or lose, on its recycling program?
- Ask Now: Why are North Avenue bike lanes wearing away so soon?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to bank at Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road?
- Ask Now: Who pays the taxes when a house has been torn down?